Balancing Monkey Yoga is hosting two yoga teacher training programs in 2018, a 200-hour and a 300-hour. The 200-hour program has concluded. Completion of a 200-hour training is the prerequisite to a 300-hour training.
Transformational Flow Yoga School presents
300-Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training 2018
with Kristen Coyle, E-RYT 500
Deepen your teaching skills, yoga practice, and understanding of yogic philosophy in this weekend format training. Read more at www.transformflowyoga.com. For more information email Kristen Coyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DATES & MODULES
Most modules are Fridays 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Saturdays 10:30 am - 9:00 pm, and Sundays 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Modules 1-12 are available on a drop-in basis.
Module 1 - 8/24/, 8/25, 8/26: Muladhara Chakra, Foundations of Vinyasa and creating powerful movement patterns to liberate the spine (moving beyond Chaturanga), Anatomy of the Spine
Module 2 - 8/31, 9/1, 9/2: Swadisthana Chakra, Standing Poses and their progression into advanced asana, Anatomy of the Pelvis, The Art of Cueing (and being an effecive communicator)
Module 3 - 9/7, 9/8, 9/9: Manipura Chakra, Inversions (and how to spot and support them based on anatomical build), Anatomy of Back and Shoulders, Cueing Playshops
Module 4 - 9/14, 9/15, 9/16: Anahata Chakra, Backbends, Breathing Anatomy, Pranayama Part 1
Module 5 - 9/28, 9/29, 9/30: Vishuddha Chakra, Mantra Part 1., Arm Balances, Anatomy of the Digestive System, Yoga Medicine for the Vital Organs/Purification
Module 6 - 10/5, 10/6, 10/7: Ajna Chakra, Meditation Part 1, Restorative Yoga and Yin Yoga (and how to teach it), Props to Advance Postures, Anatomy of the Nervous System
Module 7 - 10/12, 10/13, 10/14 : Sahasrara Chakra, Meditation Part 1, Mantra Part 2, Energetic Anatomy and Identifying Blockages - Chakras, Koshas, Nadis, Vayus
Module 8 - 10/19, 10/20, 10/21: Mantra Part 3, Sequencing Part 1 and Hands On Adjustments
Module 9 - 11/2, 11/3, 11/4: Sequencing Part 2, Pranayama Part 2, Theming- How to give powerful Dharma talks and connect your human experience to spiritual wisdom
Module 10 - 11/9, 11/10, 11/11: Designing Workshops, Sequencing Part 3, Yoga for Injuries- Understanding common injuries and how to address them with Yoga, Pre-Natal (sequencing and safety)
Module 11 - 11/16, 11/17, 11/18: Energetic Sovereignty- Metaphors of the Body, Reading Body Language, Emotional Processing Techniques. Pranayama Part 3
Module 12 - 11/30, 12/1, 12/2: Senior Yoga with Kristen Coyle, Kids Yoga with Julie Murcia, Acro Yoga immersion with Mary Chapman
Module 13: 12/7, 12/8, 12/9
Module 14: 12/15 & 12/16
- Sadhana (sacred practice), 3 hour guided practice every day that includes: asana, pranayama, meditation, and mantra.
- In-depth alignment study of yoga asana ranging from foundational to advanced poses and transitions.
- How to work with injuries and common physical ailments in an effective way.
- Props, how to use them to make poses easier, how to use them to approach challenging poses, and restorative yoga.
- How to teach absolute beginners.
- How to teach intermediate-advanced classes.
- How to teach yoga workshops and step by step guidance in creating your own workshop.
- Pranayama, bandhas, and mudras. Study and practice teaching.
- Anatomy of the human body. Bones, their range of motion and how it relates to yoga asana. Muscles, agonist/antagonist relationships and how it relates to yoga sequencing. Endocrine system, digestive system, respiratory system, and major nerves of the body and how to balance them through yogic practices.
- In-depth study of different types of asana sequencing and practice creating your own sequences based on the different methods.
- How to sequence multiple pranayama techniques and practice teaching consecutive pranayama techniques.
- Explore several ancient meditation techniques and practice guiding meditation.
- Hands on adjustments, assists and spotting techniques. When and how to give them and practice giving/receiving adjustments.
- Chakras, nadis, and koshas and how to teach them and invoke their energetic qualities through yogic techniques.
- Mantras, their translations and practice teaching them.
- Yogic philosophy, Tantra, and Buddhist concepts and how to create powerful class themes based on philosophies.
- The art of communication. Effective cueing, reading body language, and mindful speech.
- Creating your niche as a teacher and how to put yourself out there.
- All modules will include practice teaching and constructive feedback. Final practicum is to teach a 90 minute class.
ABOUT KRISTEN COYLE
I am a dedicated practitioner, student and teacher of yoga. As a teacher, my intentions are to be a clear emissary of the traditional yogic teachings and techniques in a way that is both empowering and medicinal. My path is colored by many travels, cultural immersions and much dedicated spiritual study. I am a therapeutic bodyworker and energetic healer of 15 years, specializing in injury recovery on the physical and energetic planes. I co-founded Transformational Flow Yoga School in 2014, and am fully dedicated to the art of assisting yoga teachers in awakening their voice and discovering their personal driving points as a teacher. I offer all teachings in gratitude and service to my teachers.
$3500 to be paid in full by August 24, 2018
Early bird discount tuition $3250 if deposit paid by January 1, 2018
$500 non-refundable deposit
This does not include the cost of books and materials. These costs will be approximately $125.
If you are interested in attending module 1-12 on a drop in basis, cost is $250/module.
PAYMENT & REGISTRATION DETAILS
Submit application to Transformational Flow Yoga School for review (email@example.com).
Transformational Flow Yoga School will notify applicant of decision within three business days.
Participants accepted to the training will receive instructions for creating an online account and paying the non-refundable deposit and subsequent tuition payments.
Payments may also be made in-person at Balancing Monkey Yoga. Contact Kristen Coyle to arrange a meeting time for this at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-747-2420.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your space in the training.
Total tuition is $3,500. To receive the early bird discount of $250 off, making tuition $3,250, the non-refundable deposit of $500 must be made by January 1st, 2018. Note tuition does cover the cost of the training manual, but does not cover the cost of required reading books estimated at $125.
Tuition is to be paid in full by August 24, 2018 (start date of YTT).
Cancellations made prior to August 1, 2018 will receive a full refund, minus the $500 non-refundable deposit.
Cancellations made between August 1, 2018 and August 24, 2018 will receive a full refund minus 25% of total tuition costs.
Cancellations made on August 24, 2018 or later will not receive any refund. In cases of emergency, exceptions may be made.
Payment forms include Visa, Mastercard, Check, or Cash.