Balancing Monkey Yoga will host two yoga teacher training programs in 2018, a 200-hour and a 300-hour. Completion of a 200-hour training is the prerequisite to a 300-hour training.
200-Hour yoga Teacher Training 2018
Do you want to deepen your knowledge and expand your yoga practice? This collaborative 200-hour teacher training draws from the knowledge, expertise, and personal style and practice of its lead trainers Danielle Maka’ike and Rachel Calvert and other Balancing Monkey Yoga Teachers.
Organized in a convenient weekend format, the training is spread out over 9 weekend modules between January 19 and May 20. Upon completion, you will be eligible to register as a 200RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) with Yoga Alliance.
Learn more by attending one of our teacher training talk stories on Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 4:00 pm and/or Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 10:30 am.
Modules are Fridays 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm, Saturdays 9:00 am - 7:30 pm, and Sundays 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Module 1: January 19-21: Opening Weekend
Module 2: February 2-4: Asana Clinic
Module 3: February 16-18: Practical Anatomy
Module 4: March 2-4: Asana Clinic Part 2
Module 5: March 16-18: Sequencing
Module 6: April 6-8; Asana Clinic Part 3: teaching drills
Module 7: April 20-22; Specialty Workshops Part 1
Module 8: May 4-6; Specialty Workshops Part 2
Module 9: May 18-20; Putting it all Together
- Asana: Principles of Backbends, Forward Bends, Arm Balances, Twists, Inversions, and Restorative Postures
- A sound knowledge and understanding of shape, safety, refinement and alignment of a set group of poses
- Yogic Philosophy
- Sequencing from multiple perspectives
- Practical Anatomy
- Physical and Verbal Adjustments
- Finding your voice as a teacher, including a 5-week practicum
- Business and ethics related to yoga
$2400 Paid by January 19th
$2100 Early Bird Registration Paid by December 3
$2100 Student Rate (current valid ID required)
$250 Deposit due upon registration (Non-Refundable)
*This does not include the cost of books and materials. These costs will be approximately $60.
PAYMENT & REFUND POLICY
Non-refundable deposit of $250 and registration will reserve your place in the training.
Early-bird pricing must be paid in full by December 3, 2017.
Training to be paid in full be the training start date January 19, 2018.
Cancellations made prior to January 1, 2018 will receive a full refund minus the non-refundable deposit of $250.
Cancellations made between January 1, 2018 and January 19, 2018 will receive all but minus 25% of the training cost and the non-refundable deposit.
Cancellation made on January 19, 2018 or later will not receive any refund.
Payment Forms include Visa, MasterCard, check, or cash.
Any refunds will be issued in the same format they were made.
Register for the 200-hour training here.
Transformational Flow Yoga School presents
300-Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training 2018
with Kristen Coyle, E-RYT 500
Deepen your teaching skills, yoga practice, and understanding of yogic philosophy in this weekend format training. Read more at www.transformflowyoga.com. For more information email Kristen Coyle at email@example.com.
Join Kristen for a teacher training talk story on Saturday, December 16 at 10:30 am.
Most modules are Fridays 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm, Saturdays 10:30 am - 9:00 pm, and Sundays 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Module 1: 8/24, 8/25/ 8/26
Module 2: 8/31, 9/1, 9/2
Module 3: 9/7, 9/8, 9/9
Module 4: 9/14, 9/15, 9/16
Module 5: 9/28, 9/29, 9/30
Module 6: 10/5, 10/6, 10/7
Module 7: 10/12, 10/13, 10/14
Module 8: 10/19, 10/20, 10/21
Module 9: 11/2, 11/3, 11/4
Module 10: 11/9, 11/10, 11/11
Module 11: 11/16, 11/17, 11/18
Module 12: 11/30, 12/1, 12/2
Module 13: 12/7, 12/8, 12/9
Module 14: 12/15 & 12/16
- Sadhana (sacred practice), 3 hour guided practice every day that includes: asana, pranayama, meditation, and mantra.
- In-depth alignment study of yoga asana ranging from foundational to advanced poses and transitions.
- How to work with injuries and common physical ailments in an effective way.
- Props, how to use them to make poses easier, how to use them to approach challenging poses, and restorative yoga.
- How to teach absolute beginners.
- How to teach intermediate-advanced classes.
- How to teach yoga workshops and step by step guidance in creating your own workshop.
- Pranayama, bandhas, and mudras. Study and practice teaching.
- Anatomy of the human body. Bones, their range of motion and how it relates to yoga asana. Muscles, agonist/antagonist relationships and how it relates to yoga sequencing. Endocrine system, digestive system, respiratory system, and major nerves of the body and how to balance them through yogic practices.
- In-depth study of different types of asana sequencing and practice creating your own sequences based on the different methods.
- How to sequence multiple pranayama techniques and practice teaching consecutive pranayama techniques.
- Explore several ancient meditation techniques and practice guiding meditation.
- Hands on adjustments, assists and spotting techniques. When and how to give them and practice giving/receiving adjustments.
- Chakras, nadis, and koshas and how to teach them and invoke their energetic qualities through yogic techniques.
- Mantras, their translations and practice teaching them.
- Yogic philosophy, Tantra, and Buddhist concepts and how to create powerful class themes based on philosophies.
- The art of communication. Effective cueing, reading body language, and mindful speech.
- Creating your niche as a teacher and how to put yourself out there.
- All modules will include practice teaching and constructive feedback. Final practicum is to teach a 90 minute class.
ABOUT KRISTEN COYLE
I am a dedicated practitioner, student and teacher of yoga. As a teacher, my intentions are to be a clear emissary of the traditional yogic teachings and techniques in a way that is both empowering and medicinal. My path is colored by many travels, cultural immersions and much dedicated spiritual study. I am a therapeutic bodyworker and energetic healer of 15 years, specializing in injury recovery on the physical and energetic planes. I co-founded Transformational Flow Yoga School in 2014, and am fully dedicated to the art of assisting yoga teachers in awakening their voice and discovering their personal driving points as a teacher. I offer all teachings in gratitude and service to my teachers.
$3500 to be paid in full by August 24, 2018
Early bird discount tuition $3250 if deposit paid by January 1, 2018
$500 non-refundable deposit
This does not include the cost of books and materials. These costs will be approximately $125.
PAYMENT & REGISTRATION DETAILS
Submit application to Transformational Flow Yoga School for review (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Transformational Flow Yoga School will notify applicant of decision within three business days.
Participants accepted to the training will receive instructions for creating an online account and paying the non-refundable deposit and subsequent tuition payments.
Payments may also be made in-person at Balancing Monkey Yoga. Contact Kristen Coyle to arrange a meeting time for this at email@example.com or 808-747-2420.
A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your space in the training.
Total tuition is $3,500. To receive the early bird discount of $250 off, making tuition $3,250, the non-refundable deposit of $500 must be made by January 1st, 2018. Note tuition does cover the cost of the training manual, but does not cover the cost of required reading books estimated at $125.
Tuition is to be paid in full by August 24, 2018 (start date of YTT).
Cancellations made prior to August 1, 2018 will receive a full refund, minus the $500 non-refundable deposit.
Cancellations made between August 1, 2018 and August 24, 2018 will receive a full refund minus 25% of total tuition costs.
Cancellations made on August 24, 2018 or later will not receive any refund. In cases of emergency, exceptions may be made.
Payment forms include Visa, Mastercard, Check, or Cash.