Preparing for your first class
- As with any exercise program, it is always a good idea to consult your doctor prior to participating.
- If you have serious physical limitations, please call the studio prior to attending class so we can make recommendations for the best classes to suit your needs. 633-8555.
- It is best to practice on an empty stomach (at least 1-2 hours after a eating). Practicing on a full stomach and often lead to feelings of nausea.
- Wear comfortable clothing that does not limit movement. Make sure shirts are not too loose or that they can be tucked in, as often the head moves below the waist in Yoga classes. Students typically do not wear shoes or socks. Your feet will be less likely to slide around on your mat if you are barefoot.
- If you do not have a sticky mat, you can borrow one from the studio for a suggested donation of $1.
- You may want a small towel to use in case you sweat.
- We have small cloths that you may use to wipe your mat after class.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water after you practice.
- Most importantly - Have Fun! It is helpful to remember that you are choosing to do something good for yourself each time you step onto your Yoga mat. There is no perfect pose and there will always be more for us to learn. Enjoy the process.
New Student Special
Try two weeks of Yoga for $20. No commitments. Come as often as you like. Must be a Big Island resident and new to the studio.